You are here
Hinckley, Minnesota is famed because of its 1/2-way in the middle Minneapolis and Duluth; using Tobies restaurant with its renown cinnamon rolls; and also for its Grand Casino.
And, I will tell you I had an extremely enjoyable stay at the Grand Casino in Hinckley, Minnesota (the sister resort to Grand Casino Mill Lacs, MN).
I am a digital nomad, so I remain in hotels a long time. And so, I really enjoy a resort such as the Grand Casino which has restaurants, a coffee shop, gift stores, and entertainment. It’s similar to having a large party only downstairs – constantly.
And, the resort costs were great. I was there in May, and I managed to obtain an outstanding rate of $25 for 2 nights in a row by means of a promotion they were using. Otherwise, during this week, the cost has been $39/night. On the other hand, the chambers got fairly expensive throughout the weekend (over $100 per night) – particularly if they had great shows reserved. In reality, the chambers can readily be sold out to the weekends so, reserve early.
The biggest caveat is that you need to love to smoke – or slightly bear it. For, there’s actually no place you can go without smoke. Yes, there’s another gaming segment for non-smokers – but it’s hard to obtain to it without moving via smoke. In reality, only sitting outside the coffee shop usually means that you’re at the center of tables together with smokers. You will find hotel rooms, however, that are non-smoking.
- Be certain that you call to make your bookings. For the most part, you’ll obtain many lower prices in contrast to everything you see on their website.
- Get the gamers card even in the event that you don’t gamble. That helps you obtain promotions at the hotel, food buffet, and restaurants. And, of course, if you gamble a lot, you can obtain comps with the card.
- Watch for promotions on their website. One great thing I did was to spend an extra $10 to obtain the promotion where I got $30 in food and $10 in playing money. I was able to use the $30 for an excellent dinner of roast beef tips, a flight of wine, plus incredible bread and salad at their steak house.
Grand casino hotel in hinckley minnesota Video
- My room was very nice. It was spacious – the hotel has a rating of three stars, so there is plenty of room for the two queen beds plus a table. If you’re traveling alone or as a couple, the king bed would probably even be even better – although the king bedrooms were not available when I was booking a room.
- The TV has plenty of stations.
- The restaurants are plentiful. There is a great coffee shop with incredible pastries. The buffet had a great special for $5 per day on the weekdays with plentiful food which was pretty darn good considering it was a casino buffet.
- Free internet. In the room, it had a fairly decent speed.
- For the traveling nomad – there are some public areas with outlets where you can work.
- Great hotel costs during the weekdays.
- Great food and fun!
- The internet was very slow in the public areas, such as near the coffee shop. In fact, I was getting zero Mbps in the lobby and, when I called the support line, they said"yup – that occurs because everyone is getting about the WiFi at this time."
- It was smoky. The hotel can obtain expensive during the weekends – especially if they have entertainment.
Bottom line – go there for great fun at a reasonable cost. Just be sure to check the hotel costs before you go if you are on a budget.
Related casino articles:
- Mgm grand hotel casino las vegas us
- Grand hotel casino vanuatu
- Grand biloxi casino hotel spa
- Grand hotel and casino vanuatu
- Grand pasha hotel casino spa 5 kyrenia